Are You Suitcase Savvy?
There’s nothing better than planning a holiday with your friends or family. Heading for a long week on the beach is going to mean packing a very different bag compared with a skiing adventure on top of a mountain! Being suitcase savvy is about knowing what to pack, how to pack and how much space you could save while you do so. You need to avoid being the girl who jumps on top of her case before getting the taxi to the airport and be smart about your baggage.
Getting ready for a trip away is half the excitement, but if you’re stressing over how to pack for your trip, you need to step back and do some research! The quality of suitcase you buy is going to change depending on whether you’re off on a girls’ weekend to the nearest white sugar beach, or whether you are packing for a Mount Toubkal trek. So, before you even get started on packing your things, you need to make sure you have the right suitcase! We’ve got some amazing tips to help you pack for your jollies panic-free and cool as a cucumber below:
- Go Lightly. Packing a suitcase doesn’t have to be you adding every item of your wardrobe to a bag. You need to go with the approach of less is more, and choose items of clothing and toiletries you will actually need and use. Just so you know, no one needs fourteen bikinis for a four-night holiday!
- Plan Carefully. You don’t have to pack months in advance, but you do have to know about the climate and culture of the area you are visiting. You can’t show up somewhere that demands you cover your shoulders and legs in just shorts and a vest top. So, make lists. Plan your clothing and toiletries according to the destination and you cannot lose.
- Prepare Products. In the same way that you don’t need fourteen bikinis, you definitely don’t need six different bottles of product in your case! Pack the essential toiletries that you know you’ll need, including sunscreen, and make your peace with that. If you feel you need extra, you could always buy what you need abroad!
- Purchase Wisely. There’s no need to go ahead and buy an entirely new wardrobe for your trip. Sure, stock up on essential purchases, but if you’re working to a budget you need to only refresh your holiday wardrobe instead of replace it.
- Keep Rolling. When you are getting ready for packing, roll your clothes and towels. By rolling clothing, you are creating the ultimate space saver in the case for all your things together. There’s no need for bulky packing when you can learn to roll things.
- Make Swaps. The weight of your case matters, so swap a bulky beach towel for a lightweight sarong and swap a rigid sun hat for the kind that will lay flat in the case for you. You can do the same by getting a two in one shampoo instead of two bottles. Making swaps can make such a difference!
LET’S STAY CONNECTED
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and all my other social media pages (links below) to keep right up to date with all things Socially Sam. And remember sharing is caring. I’d really appreciate it if you liked this post to give that share button a little click and spread some love.
Pop on over and follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SociallySamConsultant